Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More Good News


Things in the world of beets are looking really good. I've got a "gourmet blend" of beets in one patch, flat of egypt beets in another, and Chiogga (the stripey ones) in another.

Here's a close up of a chiogga beet doing the damn thing!

And the chiogga beet greens, which closely resemble chard.

In the wonderful world of potatoes, we're going gangbusters. These beauties are, from left to right: Swedish Fingerlings, Caribe(purple), Butte(russets) and Red Cloud(red waxy) The russets are ready for their second tire already! But I don't feel up to hauling a bunch of wet dirt today. Hopefully this weekend.

Here you can see the yukon golds are ready for a hilling, and the white onion sets I planted out with them are bulking up. The next time I have a couple free hours when I am feeling good and there is no sign of rain I plan to get in some red onion sets and a few more rows of potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment