Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Planting 2010, continued

I also started up the salad beds over by the side of the house. Last year I planted late salad greens here and they BLEW UP, so I am hoping to repeat the performance all season long (and also too, the beds are small enough and shaped in such a way that I can throw a window on top of the bricks around them and make a cold frame in the winter!
Mizuna Mustard
Apollo Arugula
Rucola Selvatica (wild) Arugula
Endives
Crisp Mint Lettuce doesn't that look good? I want some NOW!
Marvel of Four Seasons Butterhead Lettuce
Drunken Woman Frizzyheaded Lettuce (I picked it for the name, of course, but I grew it last year and it is a beautiful, hardy, delicious lettuce!)

1 comment:

  1. You are putting me in a lettuce state of mind, and I was trying not to think about lettuce for a while since I promised myself I would direct sow it this year, and try to wait until at least the fourth week of april. I love the Drunken Woman lettuce - she is all spread out and flustered, like a good drunken woman should be. I love your cold frame plan!!

    ReplyDelete