Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catchin Up

Well, wow, was I sick! I had a mysterious stomach thing that first instantly laid me out (as in, one minute I was putting on my overalls to go and plant peas and the next minute I was curled up in bed practically unable to move)and then morphed into this weird alien presence in the abdomen causing all sorts of intestinal distress as well as the most incredible churning and gurgling. I swear, it sounded like there was a creature living in there and trying to fight its way out. It was miserable and nasty, and it took almost 5 full days to feel completely rid of it. I feel pretty normal now, finally, thank the heavens. I don't want to go through anything like that any time soon. Ever.
So, while I was at death's door, upstairs plant babies were springing to life. We had massive gains in the onion and tomato world, and even the first two eggplants have showed their cute little green heads! I tried to take some pictures of the actual sprouts but my camera was dying and they came out really purple---I'll try again later. For now, meet:
Amish Paste Tomato
Bedfordshire Onion
Listada De Gandia Eggplant
Purplette Onion
Ringmaster Onion



and
Hillbilly Tomato
Hahnstown Yellow Tomato
Cherokee Purple Tomato
Cannibal Tomato Eggplant

and

Walla Walla Sweet Onion
Martino's Roma Tomato

But wait, there's more!

No comments:

Post a Comment